Frequently Asked Questions
What insurance is accepted? How much does it cost?
- We currently accept Medi-Care, Cal-Optima (Medi-Cal), Care 1st Medicare Advantage (CalOptima), MHN, or Cash
What kind of addictions do you treat? (Alcohol, prescription, drugs/opiates, meth, etc.)
- We currently offer assistance to patients in the sober outpatient phase of their recovery process who have been through a detox program and are looking for support with their sobriety maintenance.
- We work with patients with a variety of substance abuse and dependence issues. We treat patients looking for sobriety from:
- Prescription drugs
- Benzodiazepines (such as Xanax and Clonazepam)
- Club Drugs (such as Ecstasy and Special K)
- Process Addictions including gambling, eating, sex, shopping, gaming
Who will be involved with my treatment?
- We assess the needs of each individual and can coordinate with other health care disciplines as necessary. For instance, some clients benefit from our psychologists coordinating with medical doctors, psychiatrists, medical case managers, or social workers.
- Our treatment involves working together to identify any additional resources that may help facilitate our clients’ wellbeing.
- Some of our clients have also benefited from their families being involved in psycho-educational services provided by the psychologists at Shanti.
We have found that addiction and mental illness affects the whole family, and education can be a powerful tool to help families understand their role in recovery.